Well, since I haven't posted in about 3 weeks I figure I should update you all. Things here have been hectic and yet slow. You know how you are busy doing nothing? Cara had the flu and is recovering nicely. Yes...projectile vomit out of a child who doesn't know to run into the kitchen with TILE, not good. Luckily, the second time around was in the kitchen. Kevin was out playing hockey and I had a puddles everywhere plus a messy child. What order to do you clean in??? I chose the floor first and made my sick kid bathe in her puke while I mopped the floor. I then proceeded to give her a bath. I don't know how single mom's do it. I was cursing Kevin the whole time for being away. Oh well. We also did her 18 month pix last week which went well, pre-flu. This weekend is the big UM vs. MSU game. My uncle, a ravid UM fan, and I have a yearly bet. The Loser has to make the Winner a dinner of the Winner's choice. I have lost every year and finally I have a good shot this year. I
told him I wanted 'surf and turf'. I need to make up for the past few years. LOL. He'll be here this weekend so we can watch the game together and Kevin's boss is coming over as well. Cara is into turning on and off the kitchen light which has become more than annoying. She got spanked and timed-out last night. I had had it. She knows when you tell her "NO!" to things and she just kept doing it. I was in the middle of making dinner. Guess she is feeling better. I put her back on milk today after being on hiatus from the flu and she was so excited she pushed me towards the microwave telling me to "Go!", she wanted it so badly. 'Go' is a favorite word.
I played Bunco for the first time this month and what a blast. If you have 11 friends with nothing to do, we played with 8 but you're supposed to have 12, play Bunco. It's a dice game. With 12 women you take turns hosting the party so you only host once a month. As a host you make dinner, provide snacks, and buy lavish gifts/prizes for everyone. You collect $20 at the previous party to pay for gifts. Food is on your own and only fair b/c you only have to host once a year. The way you play is you are constantly switching partners so you get to talk with everyone at the party. We talked about kids, husbands, TV, movies. Can't wait until November 8, our next party. I am hosting Jan 10. I have it all planned out, of course.
Well, enough procrastinating. Back to cleaning. :)
I played Bunco for the first time this month and what a blast. If you have 11 friends with nothing to do, we played with 8 but you're supposed to have 12, play Bunco. It's a dice game. With 12 women you take turns hosting the party so you only host once a month. As a host you make dinner, provide snacks, and buy lavish gifts/prizes for everyone. You collect $20 at the previous party to pay for gifts. Food is on your own and only fair b/c you only have to host once a year. The way you play is you are constantly switching partners so you get to talk with everyone at the party. We talked about kids, husbands, TV, movies. Can't wait until November 8, our next party. I am hosting Jan 10. I have it all planned out, of course.
Well, enough procrastinating. Back to cleaning. :)
2 comments:
Cute pics of Cara!!!
What is this game about? I have never heard of it.
Cute pics! You guys have to be thrilled a MSU VICTORY & an OSU loss...
Bunko sounds fun! It must be a west coast thing...Michiganders haven't heard of it!
Post a Comment