Saturday, September 20, 2008

Spilt Milk & Pitty Parties

This blog is about me. I am smack in the middle of my pitty party. I know this is going to sound awful and selfish and mom's out there without my 'problem' are, I am sure, rolling their eyes as they read this. Since last December, we have either traveled or had visitors 8 out of the last 10 months. So I am used to having a break here and there with Cara. I am in the midst of the longest stretch of 'no help' and am going CrAzY! I love my daughter, don't get me wrong. And this has nothing to do with Kevin b/c he is so busy at work right now. Examples....Yesterday Cara had 3 time outs b/c she was hitting me and the poor dog. Today...she is already abusing the dog and made the biggest milk mess. We have the Nuby cups and the spout is a soft silicone. She knows if the turns the cup upside down and bangs it on the table, the milk comes out. Well, I was cleaning the breakfast dishes and I go to clean her up, and what do I find? A huge milk mess. I about lose it, personally...not on her. Solution...I have informed Kevin I will be scrapbooking tonight and he has Cara. :)

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh Steph...I have been there with Elise. Let me tell you it GETS BETTER! I think from the months of 17-20 she had an average of 4 time outs in the morning. She has really calmed down so there is hope! Hang in there Momma, you are doing a great job!

(PS my help arrives in 3 weeks & I can't wait!)

Melissa-And-My-Family said...

You are funny! Think of time outs as good thing in developing a good and respectful daughter! Rachel gets her fair share of them...so much she puts her bears and babies in time out when this disobey her! Oops!

Welcome to blogging!

Melissa